24 February 2008

I got the Job!!!

I finally get to work with something other than the boring, mindless task that I’ve been doing for the past 3 years. The good news came on Friday that I would be getting the job I recently applied for. There’re no pay differences worth mentioning, but the important thing is that I will get to use my brain (at least for a while).

I’m extremely relieved to be moving on. Switching groups, making new acquaintances, and learning new things. I still haven’t found out all of the details about the new job, and I still need a couple of weeks to train my replacement. So I’m actually looking forward to Monday (wow, that doesn’t happen often).

I also found out today that the Drum Corps will be sponsoring our trip Belgium. A couple of us (instructors) will be driving down one weekend in march for some competitions, and then flying back down again the following weekend for some clinics. Apparently the organization wants to pick up most of the bill.

Probably the most exciting news of the weekend though, is that we got new handles for all our kitchen cupboards and drawers. Whoopee! We recently talked the landlord into replacing our old nasty cupboard doors. They put in some nice new white doors and then put some nasty brown wooden handles on them. It was just too hideous to endure so we purchased some nice stainless steel handles and put them in yesterday. Looking good!
~Thaddeus

0 comments: