08 June 2011

Thad and Mia 9 years!


It really doesn't feel like it has been nine whole years since Thad and I were married WAYYYY back in 2002, but that's who long it has been. Since then we've moved across the ocean TWICE, become parents to two beautiful and precious daughters, and learned more about ourselves and each other than we though was possible.

We have both returned to school and kicking trash at it too. Thaddeus is working for Blackfoot and Century high school in their music program this summer. He is currently taking a few classes this summer in hopes of graduating a bit faster, along side with writing another show for Göteborgs Drum Corps.

I am working about 20 hours a week for ISU in the music department. This fall I will be one of the drum majors for the ISU Bengal Marching Band. This is great for many different reasons. First, I LOVE marching band (I know I'm a nerd, but I just can't help loving it). Second, the drum major position carries a pretty decent scholarship which is GREATLY appreciated. And thirdly, repeat the first and second reasons combined.

A lot of great things have been happening around here lately.

For instance, today we FINALLY got the internet at home. Woooohooooo for staying up late and updating my blog.

Also, I won money for an essay contest. I posted a research paper on this blog some time back just for fun because I was very proud of my work. The paper was entitled: "Forsaken doctrine in the hidden past." I removed the paper from my blog since I don't want anyone stealing my hard work, but anyway, my teacher recommended I enter the essay for a contest so I did. I was not expecting to win, at all! But, turns out I won the English 1102 section. It was not a big monetary amount, but the acknowledgment was worth a lot to me since I by no means consider myself a great writer. It helps to write well when you have a topic you really care about.

And since this post was originally a congratulation to Thaddeus and myself for nine years of marriage I'll end with a little blurb about our get away. Now, I realize many people take off for Hawaii or Las Vegas or even Europe for their anniversaries but we're poor, really poor right now. SO, we ventured to the very exotic destination.......................wait for it.............................................. Salt Lake City. Hey, it was practically Hawaii after not having a get away (away from home) for two years! Thaddeus found a great little hotel for a good price with super awesome breakfast. Here is the link if you need a place to stay the next time you're in SLC.

We spent the majority of our time walking and window shopping. We did, however, make a few small purchases. Our favorite one was an awesome drink-mixer-glass-thingy that we found at the gateway mall. Thaddeus loves it and he has started practicing to be a bar tender (not really, I just have to say that to raise some eyebrows! LOL) We ate at this awesome restaurant called Squatters, I had the best jambalaya of my life there! Our artichoke cheese dip appetizer was outrageously good to top it off. Next time you're in SLC, seriously, go get some of that stuff!

In short, it was a much needed and great get away.

Tack till Mamma för barnpassningen, det var VERKLIGEN uppskattad!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun trip!

And I'm glad school is going so well for you, great job!