16 October 2009

Coming together

Posted by Picasa


I have been working on Elsa's room for quite some time now. Seems I never have enough money to get the things I want for decorating. BUT things are starting to come together ;)
We bought the bed and the book shelf (that we use instead of a dresser), at IKEA. I LOVE that place. The paint we used was left over paint that we found in the basement ;)
We did have to buy ONE bucket of white.

The little heart shaped stool we got from Kristene, she had it laying around her house and was going to toss it or get rid of it at a garage sale. We peeled a sticker off of it and painted it.
Voilá!

This AMAZING shelf was built by Cole. For those who don't know who Cole is, he is Thad's younger brother. He happens to work at a cabinet place and came and measured Elsa's bed and created this shelf to match it. He said he just threw it together in about an hour. I wish I could do stuff like that.
I LOVE IT
THANK YOU COLE!

I picked up the painting at Bed Bath and Beyond. It was kind of pricey, but I thought it was worth it since it matched so well. The little vases, marbles and flowers I just bought at wal-mart.
I was slightly upset while at wal-mart. I have noticed that plastic flowers look much worse here in the states than they do in Sweden.
It is annoying.
These were the most real looking ones I could find.

All in all, I am happy with how her room is turning out concidering I have not put a whole lot of money into it. My next goal is to sew a duvét cover and curtains to match.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's looking fantastic! Love the details and the "how-tos" !

Avery said...

I love this! I love the blues, so pretty! Don't you love decorating when things go the way you want?

Unknown said...

What fun! You did a great job, and it was fun to hear the decorating process. I always have a hard time decorating; I can never decide what to do!

Familjen Horvatic said...

Det blir jättegulligt! Är ju så roligt att fixa, och fast det är lite tråkigt när man inte kan köpa precis det som man helst vill ha så är det ändå ganska roligt att utmana sig själv med att få det snyggt billigt! Jättefint iallafall!

Anonymous said...

CUTE! I love the no dresser idea :0)
By the way... fake flowers... did you try the more craft like stores? Like Porters or Michael's? I had better luck there. You're bed cover will look great. Kajsa's is awesome. Talented babe you!

Shelley Bowman said...

love the ideas! I love decorating too. the bookshelf dresser is so creative!