07 April 2009

Playing catch up

I'm way behind on Elsa's riding lessons. We missed one week of riding when we were up north, but made it home just in time for the other one. I can't remember which all ponies she's ridden. Gold fire, Linda, Hilma....etc etc. Not that it's important at all.....mostly this is just a journal for me. Sorry if this is boring.

This last friday was tricky since Thad was in Holland. I tried finding a sitter for Kajsa, but it was pretty hard since I had already booked sitters for Saturday and Sunday (I played in a concert). I did finally find someone who could watch Kajsa for me.

Since it's spring here and it was warm this last friday, they took the ponies outside. It was a totally different world. They got to climb small hills and really get to lead the horses around. It was WAY fun. Elsa loved it.
While we were climbing the longest steepest hill she started talking about how horses are so srong....then she said they're fast too. All of a sudden she started talking about fast animals.

Elsa- "mom, did know know that leopards are SUPER fast, and do you know just how fast they are?"
Me- "no, how fast are they?"
Elsa- "They are soooo fast, they can run one kilo. That's how fast they are"

I tried REALLY hard not to laugh out loud. It was extra funny since she was so enthusiastic about it. The instuctor was walking next to us.....She surpressed a laugh as well. Oh, the cute things kids say.

I obviously didn't have a chance to get any pics of the outdoor ride.....but maybe we'll get lucky and the sun will grace us again sometime before we move. Of course this has to coincide with Thaddeus coming along to play the camera man....which if I'm not mistaken, I don't think is his favorite past time.

Here's a clip from a few weeks ago:





p.s. I'm not running quite as dorky in this one ;) hahaha

1 comments:

Chelsey said...

hahha. Are you sure its not spelled Theieieieieieyes????? Because that definatly makes sense! And I cant kiss the tummy. But Austin did it for me..Okay, he blew on my tummy and left spit everywhere, but for him, its close enough to being nice that it was like a kiss.