24 July 2009

Family get away

Last week I worked six days in a row. When I finally had my day off I just wanted to get out of town and go somewhere fun with the family. So we jumped in the car and headed for Cave Falls. Only to find out that the little cave by the falls (hence the name cave falls, duh) had a HUGE pile of rocks in front of it and was no longer accessable. We were really surprised. Elsa and Kajsa felt totally jipped since they'd been looking forward to the cave. We ate lunch there and were just about to be lunch as well. The mosquito's were TERRIBLE. Elsa and I have lots of scabs from getting bitten so bad.


Since we didn't get to go in the cave we were planning on, we decided to keep heading north and went to Mesa Falls. I don't know how many times I've been there. It's a lot. But it was lots of fun to see it again. The kids had a great time as well. Thaddeus and I reminisced the whole drive, since the stretch toward West Yellowstone was the one we made every week when we lived up there in MT while we were pregnant with Elsa and newly wed.



The Ferrin Girls!

4 comments:

Avery said...

I love that your girls get along so well. It makes me happy.

The end

lol

Michelle said...

Aw, bummer about Cave Falls. But it's fun that you kept going to Mesa. Gorgeous pictures, I love 'em! :-)

Kiirstin said...

Holy crap Cave Falls is dead? That makes me really sad. That is my childhood going up in a pile of rocks....*sniff*

Familjen Horvatic said...

Vilka jätefina bilder!! Ni är såå fin familj!! SAKNAR er!