20 October 2008

Hubby Tag

I've been Tagged by Kirsten!
It's the Hubby tag I guess you'd call it. I'm pretty sure that just about anyone that reads our blog already knows a lot about Thad. I'll do my best though, to share some terrible family secret :)
Here is a little clip of Thaddeus and the girls from this summer!

1.Where did you meet? Thaddeus Marshall Ferrin and I met in Rexburg. Krista Perkins and I picked Thad and a friend of his (Fred) up in my white beat up '84 Dodge aries and we car-pooled to The Boise airport. We flew to Washington DC for the George W Bush inaugural parade in January 2001. We played with the Troopers in the parade. Thaddeus had just joined the Troop and I had just quit and begun with the Blue Knights from Denver. Anywho, Thaddeus and I enjoyed eachothers company. I actually do remember sitting in his lap and being a HUGE flirt the first day that we met. Shame on me, but hey....here we are years later still going strong!

2.How long did you date before you were married? Lets see, we met January 2001. Started "real" dating that fall. And then married in May 2002. So only like 9 months if you don't count the months that we hung out "as friends"!

3.How long have you been married for? Six years and five months exactly on Saturday.....which also happens to be Thad's birthday! Hurray

4. What does he do that surprises you? He never seems to get fed up with me. I can be quite selfish at times, and lazy. Somwhow he never says things that hurt my feelings. And it really surprises me as to how he is just so consistently sweet and caring towards me.

5.What is your favorite quality about him? Do I seriously have to pick just one! Okay, I'm going to have to go with the fact that he is smart. It's not just the fact that he learned Swedish in like 3 months and can now spell and use the Swedish grammer better than I can; but I also love the fact that he doesn't just buy what anyone tells him. He does his own research and thinks things through. He isn't easy to fool, and I love that.

6.Does he have a nickname for you? Hmmmm, he does call me "Hey Sexy" a lot.

7.What's his favorite color? I'm not 100% on this one, but I'm pretty sure that it's dark blue. He likes to buy dark blue t-shirts anyway :)

8. What's his favorite food? He really likes Hawaiian Pizza from the little pizza place up at Sjöbo Torg. He also likes beef...although we don't have it all that often.

9. What's his favorite sport? Does Drum Corps count as a sport? If it does, then that's definitely it. He also loves to ride his bike, but he's not all that into sports otherwise.

10. Who said "I love you" first? I'm not quite sure about that? I know, is that terrible? I think it was him though.

11.When and where was your first kiss? Thaddeus, Lise, Matt, and I were in IF eating out at Chili's for Lise's birthday, November 10th (2001). Thaddeus and I were pathetically drewling over each other. We kept passing ice between our mouths ;) Then we went to the arcade place by the cinemas and bought some of those small glowy-stick things and started passing those between us instead. Then on the way home in the car we FINALLY kissed...... and kissed and kissed and kissed. Ah the memories!

12. What's your favorite thing to do as a couple? I'm pretty sure it's making love (sorry, Thad. There went the huge terrible family secret!) We also enjoy going out to eat and having cozy fridays at home. Thaddeus and I also enjoy music a lot together and if we had the money and time I'm sure we'd go to a lot of concerts and musical events.

13.Do you have kids? Yes, two adorable, bright, and silly girls. Elsa who is 5 and 1/2 and Kajsa (pronounced like Ky-lee only Kaj-sa) who is 3 and 1/2. Someday we're hoping to be able to have some more when the time is right :)

14.What's a hidden talent he has? He can sing. I'm not sure if anyone know's that. Everyone knows that he writes music right? But I'm not sure if everyone knew that he can improvise his own bass line to go along with any song. He's super good at harmonizing anything. He is also a very VERY good teacher. I really hope that one day he'll go back to school and become a teacher if that's what he wants to do.

15. How old is he? 28 on Saturday!

16. What's his favorite type of music? Classical (He really likes Wagner) and Drum Corps (The Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Devils.....among others)

17. What do you admire most about him? I'm gonna have to agree with Kirsten on this one, Like she said about her hubby, Thaddeus also has the ability to just take things calmly. He never gets worked up about stupid things and always ALWAYS keeps his cool. I think I can count the times that we've raised our voices to eachother on one hand. Sometimes it does get on my nerves though, I'd have to admit. I even think I'm guilty of maybe taunting at him just to get a reaction sometimes. But I really do love the fact that he's calm, it helps balance me out.

18.What's his favorite pastime? Drumming, Listening to or arranging/writing music, and of course sex (there I go again, but hey....I'm just being honest.....and it's not like he's the only one, I mean come on)

19. Will he read this? Eventually. It might take a while though, he's not as pathetic as I am and checks our blog several times a day.

Done! and now I tag.... Avery!

3 comments:

kirstensworld said...

It's so great to know that people can be together for so long and still feel that way about eachother! Dusty and I have only been together for a couple years, so I still love him! I hope that we are as lucky as you two are! Luckily we haven't gotten any more snow, but Jackson Hole Mountain Resort already has 12". Isn't that crazy! How have you been?

Sara said...

Ah, how sweet. I love the video of Thad with the girls- so adorable!

I don't mind sharing the scrapbooking thing at all- it's so much fun! First you have to have a photo editing program. I use photoshop elements and I like it, but it was about $100 here to purchase it. Or there are free editing programs you can get online. I know there's paint.net or scrapbookflair.com which have programs and I know some ladies who use those. I wouldn't be able to help you with specifics on how to use them, but you're computer savvy enough to figure it out I'm sure. :) Then, once you have an editing program you just need some digital scrapbooking kits. You can buy them online or do what I do and find the free ones to download. This is one of my favorite sites:

http://digifree.blogspot.com/

This person goes out and finds free kits for you and puts previews on her blog. So all you have to do is click on the one you like and go download it. I warn you, if you get into this you're going to need lots of computer space to save your kits because they're all so cute you want them all. Hehe. When you download kits just make sure you look for .zip files because some of them are .rar and you need special stuff to open those.

So, then you put together a page in your photo editing program by arranging the kits. You can make them any size you like- I generally do 8x10 so that I can put it in a standard size notebook if I get them printed. But a lot of people like doing either 10x10 or 12x12 because they are easily resized. Let me know if you have questions- I'll do my best!! Happy scrapping!

Avery said...

haha I was going to do it anyway! So thanks for tagging me! You are the best!