16 November 2008

The paper work has been started!

So we took another (some of you know what I mean) trip to Stockholm to get our paper work started for my green card. Lucky for us, our girls are really nice on road trips. All they needed was a few coloring books and a barbie doll to keep them happy (and some candy).

We decided to make this trip an over-night-er. We were able to see Mathilda perform with her guitar on Friday. She is quite the talented woman. For those who don't know, Mathilda is my half sibling on my dad's side. She is fourteen and is really good at playing the guitar.

We squoze in a fast visit at the Bautista's new place. They are some friends that used to live in Borås. Elsa played a lot with their daughter and Elsa still talks about her ALL the time. (Sorry Anja, we would have dropped by your place as well if we had had more time) We spent Friday night at a really cheap motel place called Formule 1 in Stockholm. We had a tiny room with a double bed and then a single bed which was above (bunker style) the double one. The girls slept with me in the double bed. Need I say, I hardly got any sleep at all. I kept waking up every other hour cause the blankets were all over the place and the room was freezing.

Saturday we went to the castle and just hung out. We walked around and tried to gather some pics so that the girls can look at them when they're a little older and perhaps don't remember being in Stockholm. It was a super windy day (like usual) and rainy and gray (like usual) but we had a good time anyway. Then we went to the mall and met up with Mathilda and her family. We walked around there for a while. I didn't buy anything. Amazing! We were quite short on money this month since this was our 2nd trip to Stockholm in one week and my paperwork had a hefty fine that accompanied the filing process. Then we went home with the Holsts and "fikade". Kajsa manged to drop a glass bowl on the floor and it shattered into a thousand pieces. Oh, the joys of children. Elsa told us that she wants to live with Mathilda and we had to bribe the kids with more candy to get them to come with us home. We made it home in one piece and honestly I'm looking forward to the next Stockholm trip. We should be doing another one here shortly for my interview. But for now, we should be busy busy with lots of paperwork.

Here are a bunch of random pictures from our little trip and a little video.

4 comments:

kirstensworld said...

Wow, what a trip! Good luck with your paper work, and your interview! I can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Okejdå, jag ska försöka överleva :)

Anonymous said...

Haha... Thad, you're silly. It looks amazing there btw. I hope everything works out for the best in your favor. Love you Mia cakes.

Sara said...

Oh yay! I am so excited for you guys (but mostly for us because I miss you :) Thad you're such a goof, I was cracking up just watching you. You'll have to keep me updated on how everything is going. Love you!