06 February 2009

Elsa on Apollo

So it was Elsa's fourth lesson today. I've somehow forgotten to write that they're actually ponies, not horses. I think they're pretty big ponies though. The horses they've got there are LARGE. I'd probably even be afraid to ride them. Anyway, Thad and Kajsa came along to take pics. The lighting, motion and distance was NOT optimal...... So I'm sorry to say, but this is the very best un-fuzzy picture that we have :) We did get a little clip of the real deal though. Elsa is riding Apollo this time (not that it matters at all, it's just fun to include). Apollo was a little mischievous while we were trying to get him all ready to ride. At one point I was worried he was going to eat me. Turns out he was nice when it came to riding, whew. Elsa still doesn't like to trott.....infact she HATES it. We're not quite sure how do handle this dilema yet. Today we had quite a lot of time to learn how, but she refused. Grrrrrrrrrr. I'm going to try and build her up so it won't be the same thing next week. Any ideas on how to help her not be afraid?




3 comments:

Ashley said...

Your daughters are sooo cute! I always wanted to learn how to ride horses, and now that my mom and stepdad have them, I don't like to be around them...weird, huh? Oh well! Have a fab day!

Anonymous said...

Ok- Auntie Stacie here to save the day. :0) How to help Elsa gain courage to trot on her pony... hmmm. I would see what youth books and stories you can find about happy lil girls and their pet horses. Library would be a great place to go. There's got to be some books out there to help little kids get excited and feel safe to trot away on their horsies. grin.... ok... so that's my brilliant plan. Or hey... even a movie... I know there's some movies about girls and horses and trying to show her that they are safe... hmmm... so how does that sound? haha... or you could always use my very fav. thing to do which is... google it... lol.

Norgerocks said...

i don't know if this works, but with the boys i would start really slow while both holding the horse and their feet down so it doesn't get so bouncy. she kinda just have get use to ridding and NO PRESSURING:) but you know that.is it the bouncing or just the speed. i remember standing in the stirrups when i first learned cause then i didn't lose my balance and then i didn't get scared...