23 February 2009

Update on Elsa's riding

First I just want to say thanks for all the comments about my baby sadness. You are all so sweet.

I have kind of been slacking on blogging the past two weeks. The friday after I made the post about Elsa not wanting to trott we made some progress. I got a great tip from Stacie to get a book about it or look something up on you-tube. Well, on fridays (Since I've been home with the girls) we usually go to the library for story time and so while I was there I found a cute book about riding horses.

Then on the way out to lessons I was trying to convince Elsa that it's "Fun" to trott and not scary. She was complaining about her tummy hurting when she did it. So I told her to put her hand on her belly and cough. This way she could feel how her muscles flex. Then it struck me that tummy muscles do the same thing when you laugh. I told her to try it again except laugh really big this time. Well, she tried it........ I worked on convincing her that she just needed to laugh while she trotted, but she just kind of looked at me like an idiot.

Well, lessons started (We got good ole Kasper) and things were going all dandy. Then it was time to trott!!! She got all scared and worried......but I just kind of started anyway. I told her we gotta try it and then we can quit if it's scary (just like the other times) This time, about half way through I looked at her and started laughing and said "you're doing it" and all of a sudden she started laughing her head off. It was WAY funny. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy and proud of her. It got to the point that I had to tell her not to laugh so loud. It was great and she just wanted to trott over and over again after that ;) Yay! It was one of those "moments" for me....I'm not sure if Elsa thought it was as cool as I did.

After lessons, just to drag the "moment" out, we went upstairs to their little cafè and got some hot cocoa and watched the "big girls" ride on the HUGE horses. It was great!

Then last friday it was "theory lessons" again. So we spent the time in the stalls practicing how to saddle and "tränsla" um......I'm not sure what that's called in English. It's the put-the-bridle-thing on the horses part :) I got a few pics from that friday. The light colored on is Jolly-Bob and the darker brown one is Kasper (Kasper is our favorite).

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun! Good job, Elsa!!! :-)

Ryan, Jodie and Paige said...

Congrats Elsa! I would love to come watch a lesson, it sounds like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

How AWESOME! :o) You know, that just makes me x my fingers that we can go trail riding some time this summer. Woo woo! :0)