17 February 2009

BABIES


Anyone that knows me well knows that I've been longing to have that baby number three for quite a few months now. Well, I have an announcement to make!!! Yes....it's true, I'm not pregnant :( It has become painfully obvious to me that there is no Baby Ferrin number three on the way, not any time soon anyway. I've been putting on the charm and I've tried to convince Thad that it's just what we need. It isn't working though. Without naming anyone, it is extra saddening since FOUR of my close friends are pregnant. I doubt that an opportunity like this will come again. Besides blaming Thaddeus, I have myself to blame. It is no secret that if we had planned things out better then we could have joined the trend. Thaddeus nicely reminded me today when I whined once more that all the other soon to be parents have houses and steady incomes. With us moving across the world and no jobs secured once we get there....plus we've got two wonderful girls already to provide for, I guess I shouldn't be shocked by his unwaivering answer.

Oh sadness, sadness, sadness.
At least I have pictures from when the girls were babies. For the time being I can still hold the girls and cuddle them, although Kajsa is quite fiesty and I'm only allowed to kiss her when she says I can. Elsa, on the other hand, has sworn on her life that she'll never move out and I can hug her as much as I like :) I guess one good thing that comes of this is how VERY thankful I am to be in the "little kids" stage of parenting. Sure, at times it can be a huge pain. I find myself holding on to these moments and hoping that this isn't the last time I get to experience them. When the girls wake up at night and want to sleep with us I often think of the fact that these years are going to pass fast and soon they won't want to come and cuddle us. So I lay there and breathe in the smell of their hair and try and memorize how it feels to craddle them. More sadness! I better stop this post now before I ruin our new laptop with too much moisture.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Aw, it's no fun to be baby hungry. But I promise you can snuggle my baby once or twice if you so like :) However, he's already getting to that wiggly stage. No more of the just sitting and snuggling for hours. I already miss that.

Anonymous said...

Åååå, det är nog inte lätt att länga efter bebis... Ni skulle ha fått nr 3 och varit mammalediga och SEN flyttat till USA. Hehe. Heja Sverige. Men jag förstår om ni inte ändrar er nu och stannar här. Men försöka duger.

Avery said...

I'm so sorry my dear! That's so dreadful! Especially when it consumes your thoughts, day and night. I started dreaming about babies when I realized I wanted a new one.

I wish I could give you a hug. *hug*

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I understand the baby hungry and the if's and wonders for why not's. It's tough. I'd have to adopt now if I wanted anymore (which I've had my moments) but like you said... sometimes there is just a time and a place and it might have to be down the road some.

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie I know how you feel- We tried for a year to get pregnant with Adi and I ended up going so far as using fertility drugs, and even those didn't work right away. We truly had given up and that is the moment when pregnancy tends to happen which is not fair. I was convinced I needed another baby, then when it didn't happen I convinced myself that one was okay so I could move on. Then wham- pregnant. Then I had to convince myself AGAIN that I wanted a baby. It's a vicious cycle so I do know how you feel and I hope you get what you want soon so you will not have any more baby hunger pains :)