27 August 2009

Practice makes perfect!

Last night Elsa got a new alarm clock! She wanted to have one so she could wake up on her own and she wanted one with the two big old fashioned bells on top. So she got just what she wanted.
Man is it loud!

This morning I snuck into her room about five minutes before her alarm was to go off so I could catch the moment of excitement. As soon as the alarm rang and she figured out what was going on she flew out of bed, turned off the alarm, shouted at me to turn on the light and pulled her nighty off. I hardly got this photo. I was trying to work the camera as fast as I could....but this is THE only nighty pic I got cause she was too fast for me. I honestly don't think I've ever seen Elsa soooo incredibly excited about anything, ever. She just kept saying over and over "First day of school. First day I'm going to ride the bus" (Only she was talking in Swedish)
She was so happy :)


I didn't even have to tell her to go and brush her teeth.....she beat me into the bathroom!


She "slukade" breakfast in no time. This was another thing I've never seen her do before. Usually it takes her FOREVER to eat. She was so impatient she went out to wait for the bus early. Of course Licorice (Grandpa's dog) followed her to the stop and kept her company while waiting.......



And waiting and waiting and waiting.
Good thing we went out so early :)


Just look at that happy face!
Elsa picked out her clothes by herself as well.
Nice pick Elsa!
She got to choose a lot of her clothes when we went back to school shopping for her and I gotta say, the girls got great taste in clothes ;)


Finally the bus came!!! Yes I was parked at the end of the street ready to follow the bus to the school ;) The bus stop has previously been at the end of the street (where this pic is taken) but since there are no other kids that get on here they agreed to move the stop to our driveway. YAY!
So tomorrow she'll get on and get dropped off at the driveway. I'm really happy about this cause this way I can keep an eye on her from inside (and not have to get Kajsa up or leave her alone) until she gets on the bus.
I stayed quite far behind the bus so as not to embarass Elsa or bug the driver. When we got close to the school all of a sudden there were a million (might be stretching that one a little....but it was confusing) busses and I lost Elsa's bus. So once we parked and got out Elsa had already gotten off the bus and been helped to her class. Kajsa and I went inside and made sure she was there and gave her some stuff we took in the car with us. I meet Elsa's teacher, who seemed really sweet!


Posted by Picasa

Here are a few practice pictures that we took yesterday :)
good thing we practiced cause today was PERFECT!

4 comments:

Avery said...

Hang on to those photos, you will treasure them forever! She is so cute! I miss being in school, the first day is the BEST. No. The first MONTH. I loved school so much I could NOT sleep a wink the night before - I wonder if she was the same!

Glad to hear she is speaking up in English! She's good at it!

Sara said...

So cute!! What a doll! It took me a minute to recognize where her bus stop was because it always used to just be at our driveway. :) Lucky girl that she gets to have it there too! It's so nice to be able to see the bus coming from down the road and then just walk right outside. I'm glad she had such a great time!

Anonymous said...

Vad söt hon är! Och vad modig och duktig hon är som räcker upp handen och pratar engelska!!! Jag saknar er jättemycket!!!!!!! Det var jätteroligt att läsa och se fotona. keepemcoming!

Chu said...

Your girls are so beautiful; I just can't get over it. It must be those Scandinavian genes. ;) Good job for Elsa!
Julianna