18 March 2009

Another time waster

My sister used to work at a customer service call center. When she did she would tell me stories of how stupid people can be. Calling in for the most simple things. I imagine that if you worked with that on a constant basis it would get pretty annoying, but otherwise it's just sheer entertainment.

So work has been a little slow lately and there hasn't been much to do. I've had to keep busy by perusing the interwebs for interesting things that my employer hasn't blocked. Today I found this site. The customer is not always right. Funny and stupid customer/retailer interactions. I spent way too much time at work looking through the given examples and seriously laughing out loud at a few of them. Like embarassing, spit out your gum and double over kind of laughing. Like this little gem.

(I was in a record store and I overheard this conversation.)

Customer: “Hi, I’m looking for a gift for my dad. He likes jazz - who do you recommend?”

Clerk: “Well, Louis Armstrong is pretty popular.”

Customer: “Louis Armstrong? Isn’t he the astronaut? He’s like the first guy to walk on the moon.”

Clerk: “No, no, you’re thinking Neil.”

Customer: “Fine, whatever, the first guy to kneel on the moon.”



There were some better and some worse. Seriously funny stuff though. I guess I have my work day all planned for tomorrow (which is my last day, by the way. Yippee!)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL - too funny!

kirstensworld said...

That is good! Hope your last day went well, can't wait to see you guys!