31 March 2009

More relatives :)


Posted by Picasa

As I was saying in an earlier post my mom has lots of cousins up north. I wasn't able to visit with all of them (in fact I'm so terrible at my family history that I don't even know how many cousins she has) I'll have to ask mom next time I talk to her. Anyway, we met with two of her cousins (Britt and Maj and Maj's husband Göran), along with mom's uncle!! He's my grandfathers brother...right? Right! He's a whoppin' 87 years old, and going strong. He had a great sence of humor and beautiful blue eyes. It was so much fun meeting with all of them again.

After our little "fika" we followed Rune (my great uncle) and his wife (Göta) and they showed us the spot where my grandfather grew up. It was really dark by that time (not to mention snowing) and so the pictures I got didn't turn out. It was right next to a huge river and it was beautiful. It's always intriguing to meet with my mom's fathers side of the family since my grandfather passed away when my mom was only nine years old. I often wonder what her life would have been like, had he not died when she was so little.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

How wonderful to be able to visit family!