23 January 2009

Dinner Party



We had our dinner party/company party/employee party (call it what you want party) for work yesterday. Here are a few faces that I'm REALLY going to miss. Everyone wasn't there, but most of us were. We had great food and spectacular wine. The music was a little so so though, I have to admit. After the dinner was over a few of us went to the club. My feet were hurting pretty bad by the time I called it a night. Dancing in boots isn't always that bad, but I hadn't had those boots on for a few months, so my feet weren't used to them. The bus didn't go at two in the morning on a thursday (Imagine that...I've never been out on the town on a thursday before) and I'm too cheap to get a cab, so I ended up walking home...it's not that far, maybe 3/4 of a mile (American mile) but I felt EVERY step of the way. Ouchie :( Infact, my feet still hurt! Hahaha, but it was worth it.

I have very mixed feelings when it comes to not working at "hemtjänsten" anymore. I've worked there for four and a half years (not full time the whole time) If anyone doesn't know what I do, it's kind of like home health care. We go to (mostely) Elderly who are still living at home and help them with a veriety of tasks. We help out with stuff like getting dressed, showering, taking medicin/shots, shopping, going on walks, cleaning, socializing, laundry, and basically anything and everything that they might need help with in order to stay at home and have a good life. Sure, it will be nice not having the stress of being short a person and spliting a schedule. I'm not going to miss cleaning peoples houses either. But boy am I going to miss those "old folkes" of mine. I have this one schedule that I almost always work and all of the elderly on that schedule feel like a grandma or grandpa to me. A lot of times I think I'd LOVE to get a job where I can sit at a desk and look pretty and wear high heels and cute clothes. On the other hand, I love the AMAZING high I get when I know that what I do makes a difference and I can spread some sunshine and brighten someone's day. Hmmmm, I wonder how it's going to feel on the last day of work...... I dunno, but I'm pretty sure I'll cry :(
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother is there hehe :p :D

Michelle said...

:-(

It's hard to say good-bye.