24 January 2009

Riding lesson update

So here's a little update on Elsa. We changed her riding lessons from Saturdays to Fridays. We just thought it's nice to have our Saturdays to sleep in on. What we didn't know was that there were A LOT more kids in the Friday group. It was no biggy though and probably a good thing cause we needed all the help we could get. Apparently, we were supposed to get the pony all ready to ride all by ourselves. Yikes! I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Luckily, there was a really nice mom in the stall next to us....she helped us do all of it. I felt totally out of place and didn't get a chance to even get the camera out.

All the parents had to go along side the horse with the kid on it and help them manouver. Elsa got to ride on Kasper, he was a REALLY nice pony. She did great, they had a little obstacle course to make it through. Let me just say, it kept me on my toes as well. When it was time to trott, Elsa thought it was kind of scary. The second time around went a little better.

The ordinary teacher was sick, so there was a substitute there. After the whole thing was over I asked if I could take a pic of Elsa on the horse, but she was a little hesitant. There was a new class of kids ready to take over and she thought it would be better to wait untill the normal teacher was there. Bummer, I finally got up the courage to ask and then I got shot down. It's okay though, next week Thad and Kajsa are going to come along and watch. There is a café where you can sit and watch. So next week Thad should be able to get a whole bunch of pictures. I did take a picture of the 20 crown shoes and a pic of Elsa next to Kaspers saddle. Better than nothing, right? Or maybe not, whatever ;)

3 comments:

Avery said...

Those boots are great! and you found them used? They look like they are in great condition! Sounds like its going good! And scary too. You are a brave momma!

Sara said...

Oh, I'm a tad jealous myself...I love horses! Can't wait for more pictures!

kirstensworld said...

How fun! She looks so cute all dressed to ride! Good luck on the rest of the lessons.