31 January 2009

Disappointment and fun surprises

Ok, Sorry Kirsten but no pics this week either :( It was theory lessons this time around. Elsa got paired up with a really cute and happy little girl and they got to "pyssla" (tinker) with the horses. They brushed them, (I'm not sure what it's called in english) pet them and cleaned out their hooves. They got a really cute and nice horse this time as well, Hilma. I thought it was such a bummer since I had Thad and Kajsa along to take pics from the balcony, but Elsa thought it was a blast. Once we found out they weren't going to ride, Thad and Kajsa took off for the electronics store.

We have been planning on getting a laptop for FOREVER, but we haven't gotten around to it, partially because of money and partially because we haven't been scoping out the market. Well, Thad has been looking up computers lately and kind of had his heart set on one. So when he came back to pick us up we were suddenly a lot poorer. I can't wait untill we get it started. We haven't had a chance to yet, well, unless we want to stay up all night.

Thaddeus was in Gothenburg all day today doing drum corps and I was at a photo shoot. Hehehe, yeah a photo shoot. It was FUN. A friend of mine had a friend who needed some models for some health care attire. So two of my friends from massage school and another girl and I modeled from early this morning until five this evening. Did I mention is was fun? Once the pics are all done I'll give you all the link to their website :) I'll probably get a copy of their catalog as well to take with me to the states. Some of their clothes were actually really cute and comfortable. Elsa and Kajsa spent the whole day at my friends house. They had a blast, too.

Speaking of the girls....I just have to share something I though was so cute. Last night a friend of mine (Michaela) Yes, she has the exact same name as me, was over at our place. (Same girl who watched the girls today) She was going through a bunch of clothes and make up, etc that I can't take with me when we move. It was starting to get pretty late and Thad had fallen asleep on the couch. (His throat was hurting....he's actually starting to get sick so I didn't want to wake him up) Anyway, I really needed to put the girls to bed, but I had to take care of Michaela first. So I asked Elsa if I could make a deal with her. The deal was, if she would brush Kajsa's teeth and her own, plus put their pajamas on and clean their room....AND pick out a book and lay in bed while I drove Michaela home then they could both get extra candy today (saturday...we only eat candy on saturdays).

So I drove Michaela home and when I came back, sure enough, they had done EVERYTHING. Their room was all picked up....by picked up I mean everything was laying in one HUGE pile on top of the toy box. I thought it was sooo cute. They had really done the best they could and they were all quiet and had books picked out. My heart just melted. I couldn't help but donate a little to their piggybank as well. This morning Thad took them shopping for their "Lördagsgodis" (saturday-candy) poor girls, they didn't know what to pick out cause they never get to choose THAT MUCH candy. Ha, in fact they couldn't even eat it all!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vad gulligt!!!

Michelle said...

Oh, that story about the girls is so precious and adorable!

Can't wait to see how the photo shoot turned out!