18 January 2009

Twenty Crown shoe & stinky horse poo

This is what it looked like when we got to the Equestrian place at 9.00 in the morning for Elsa's very first riding lesson. (Dark) She's been wanting to ride FOREVER and I signed her up for it last spring, but there was a line......luckily, now there was finally a spot for her.

They said she needed a shoe with a little heel on it. She doesn't have anything like that and I figure there's no point in buying some expensive riding boots for her when she's just starting out. So on wednesday we went to the second hand store and found some PERFECT shoes/boots for her....and they were only 20 Crowns (equivalnt about $2.50) Elsa fell in love with the shoes right away.

Here she is in front of the entrance after her little lesson. I couldn't bring myself to take pictures inside cause I felt like such an idiot bringing the press along. But maybe, just maybe I'll muster up the courage next time :)

I just thought this was cute :) That could so be Elsa.

And here's a close up of my big baby just before we left to drive home......Need I say she was HAPPY. She told me that she wanted to have lessons EVERYDAY. Funny thing, I already knew she's say that ;) To be honest, I'm a little jealous of her. I always wanted to ride horses when I was young, but due to the HUGE lack of money I wasn't able to. So, in some weird way I feel as though I'm almost living vicariously through her. It makes me really happy that she gets to do the hobby she wants to.
-Michaela-

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. :0)
Hehe... yes... I do remember our horse adventures at the Hibbard school. lol. I still think we should go trail riding sometime this summer. :0)

kirstensworld said...

How cute is she! Horses are so much fun, I would love to do that too! Muster up that courage and get us some pics of her on the horse!

Anonymous said...

Ja tack, du kan väl maila mig tipsen? Jag borde sluta helt med socker och vetemjöl till att börja med, men jag är så svag för bröd! Har gått upp _massor_ det senaste halvåret av en medicin jag måste ta... grr!

Michelle said...

Oh, that is such a great idea! How fun for her AND you!

Avery said...

I think it just happens that way. You always want to give your children the things you couldn't have, and although you didn't get to enjoy it, you get a sense of satisfaction from seeing THEM enjoy it. Brea is only 18 mos but I already feel that way about certain things. Like sleeping in on sundays LOL I like this comment so much I think I'm going to make it my post for today. Okie?