11 November 2009

Today I am thankful for

1. Sleep......... I love to sleep! Getting to bed on time is worth so much.

2. Having a place to live. I'm pretty sure that in all the years Thad and I have been married we have never been this poor. BUT, it's working out thanks to family. Having the luxury of living in Earls basement has litteraly kept us from being homeless. Hopefuly these years of Thad's schooling will whiz by fast. So far they are :) It's so nice to live in a house though. Here are just a few of the up sides we haven't had before:

a. Our own yard, not that I care if it's ours....but it's not having to worry about the kids running out and playing by themselves that it great.
b. Dishwasher! Yes, we have not had a dishwasher since we got married in May of 2002. I am loving it!
c. Three bedrooms! This is the first time the kids have their own bedrooms, not that it's that important, but I think it's nice.

3. Babysitters. We have so many babysitters here willing to help out it is bliss. If it weren't for my mom and Earl and Great grandparents we'd be in a jam. We are planning on applying for iccp either this week or next week. (ICCP- Idaho child care program; it's for poor people like us who need help to pay for day care) We should qualify, and then the family can get a break :) Thanks for all of your help!

I told you I/We have a lot to be thankful for!

1 comments:

Avery said...

This is my favorite list so far! Its funny how the small things become so important when you go without - like the dishwasher, or the yard!